- 14 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
How to Send Payment Requests
- Updated on 14 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Payment requests make it easy to use email or text messages to request payment from a customer. The payment request will remind customers that they have an outstanding payment while providing them with a convenient way to enter their payment details.
In this section:
Creating a new Payment Request
To send a Payment Request, simply log into your Helcim account and click on Payments and Payment Requests then New Payment in the top right-hand corner of your account.
You can also access Payment Requests from the Transactions page in your account by clicking on the New Transaction drop-down button and choosing Payment Requests.
Now, enter the details of the request into the available fields:
Fields on the right-hand side of the screen:
- Search Customer Or Create New: Use the text box to search for a customer profile that already exists in your account, or to create a new customer by typing in their name
- Method: Use the drop-down to select Text Message or Email
- Mobile Number or Email: Enter either the customer's phone number or email address depending on the method selected
- Description of Purchase: Include a brief description of the purchase
- Message to Customer: This field is optional, if you do not edit this field the information will be sent as shown. The content that is capitalized in the template will be filled in with the unique variables for that item. For example: CUSTOMER_NAME will be the name for the customer, LINE_BREAK creates a space, and BUSINESS_NAME will be your business name. If you prefer to enter a custom message unique to your business then you’re welcome to remove this text and enter your own message.
- Set as default message for future payment requests: You can save your custom message for all future payment requests by clicking this check box.
Fields on the left-hand side of the screen:
- Amount: Type in the payment amount under the Request Payment For title on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Add Sales Tax: Click this option to select it if you want to apply sales tax to the request.
Once you have entered all of your information, click on Send Request to send the Payment Request.
A pop-up message will let you know that the request has been sent successfully.
Viewing and tracking payment requests:
You can now view the Payment Request on the main page and the Due status page under Payment Requests.
If you have sent Payment Requests before, they will be listed on this landing page. You can use the tabs at the top of the page to sort your requests by All Requests, Due, and Paid.