- 08 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
How to Use Recurring Invoicing
- Updated on 08 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
You can easily take any existing invoice in your Helcim account and turn it into a Recurring Invoice for easy repeat payments. Recurring invoicing works well for customers who make a purchase that is repeated at regular intervals or if they want to make a set amount of payments towards a bigger purchase. You can take any standard invoice in your account and make it a recurring invoice to help automate your payments.
In this section:
Creating a recurring invoice
To create a Recurring Invoice, begin by selecting Invoicing and Invoices in your account, then either select an existing invoice or create a new invoice.
Once you have created your invoice, click on the Actions button in the top right-hand corner of your screen and select Make Recurring.
Next, specify how often you want to bill your customer.
You can choose to bill your customer every day, week, or month. Or select a specific day of the month, if you select Last Day the customer will be billed on the last day of each month.
- Subscriptions with start dates of the 1st to 27th will be billed every month on the same date. Ex.) A start date of Jan 2nd will be billed on Feb 2, Mar 2, Apr 2, etc.
- Subscriptions with start dates on the 28th and later will be billed at the end of the month. Ex.) A start date of Jan 31st will be billed at the end of Feb, end of March, end of May, etc.
Finally, select the date when you want to begin the recurring invoice and how many payment cycles it should go for. If there is no end date, leave this as 0 for infinite. Once done, click on Create.
Stopping or editing a recurring invoice
Once you have created a recurring invoice, you can edit it under the Actions button by selecting Edit Recurring or Stop Recurring.
Selecting Stop Recurring will end the billing for that recurring invoice.
If you don't want to stop the billing but need to make changes, you can select Edit Recurring. Here are some tips for editing a Recurring Invoice:
- To apply your changes to all future invoices you need to edit the original invoice
- You can edit the original invoice to change the billing dates or to change the amount, product, or service for the Recurring Invoice, simply edit the invoice as usual.
- If you don't want to change the original invoice, you can stop the plan instead and start with a new invoice
To view a list of all your Recurring Invoices, click on Recurring Invoices from the Invoices landing page. The invoices displayed here are all of your Master Invoices.
To view the billing details of an invoice, click on the master invoice to open it. You will see the next billing date displayed on the top left-hand side of the invoice.
To view the entire billing history for the recurring invoice, click on Recurring Billing from the right-hand menu.
Viewing recurring invoices
From the Invoices page in your account you can sort through your existing invoices. To view the recurring invoices in your account, click on Recurring Invoices, you can now see an overview of all of your recurring invoices.
On this page you can view the following details:
- Invoice Number
- Total Amount
- Customer Name
- Business Name
- Date Created
- Date Issued
- Next Billing Date
- Date Paid
- Created By